Departamento de Ingeniería Química, Química Física y Ciencia de los Materiales. Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería. Campus de El Carmen
959 21 82 01
Research ID: L-4847-2014
Full Professor of Chemical Engineering at the Chemical Engineering Department of The University of Huelva. He received his Ph.D. in 1995, by The University of Seville, working on the Rheology and microstructure of model O/W emulsions. At The University of Huelva, he became Director for Research Affairs from 2000 to 2003, Director of the R&D Centre on Food Technology-CIDERTA in 2004, and Director of the Chemical Engineering Department, between 2015 and 2019.
Partal’s teaching involves Engineering Degree, Master and PhD studies on “Complex Fluid Engineering”, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, CFD and Process Simulation. He has been external examiner for: the National Evaluation and Foresight Agency (Ministry of Science and Innovation, Spain), in Food Technology and Materials Science; NSF-National Science Foundation (USA); University of Nottingham; etc
His research activity focuses on the Design and Development of Microstructured Products, with specific interest in the microstructure, rheology and processing of complex materials such as bituminous products, emulsions and gels, biopolymers, bioplastics or surfactants. Principal Investigator of at least 50 research projects sponsored by public entities or industry, he is author of more than 110 papers in peer reviewed journals, a review article on Food and Emulsion Rheology, chapters in specialized books (WP-Woodhead Publishing y EOLSS), and author of numerous communications in International Conferences. He is coeditor of a book entitled “Progress in Rheology: Theory and Applications”.
Rheology and Engineering of Complex Fluids
Technology of Bituminous materials
Energy and thermochemical processes
Bitumen modification by SBS and bio-polymers
Development of non-bituminous binders
Thermo-rheologically advanced dispersions for heat transfer applications
- Jimenez-Rosado, M ; Zarate-Ramirez, LS; Romero, A; Bengoechea, C ; Partal, P. ; Guerrero, A. Bioplastics based on wheat gluten processed by extrusion.JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Volume: 239 Article Number: UNSP 117994 (2019)
- Senise, S; Carrera, V; Cuadri, AA; Navarro, F J; Partal, P. Hybrid Rubberised Bitumen from Reactive and Non-Reactive Ethylene Copolymers.POLYMERS, 11, (2019)
- Yuliestyan, A; Gabet, T; Marsac, P; Garcia-Morales M.; Partal, P. Sustainable asphalt mixes manufactured with reclaimed asphalt and modified-lignin-stabilized bitumen emulsions. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS, 173 Páginas: 662-671 (2018)
- Felix, M.; Martinez, I.; Romero, A.; Partal P.; Guerrero A. Effect of pH and nanoclay content on the morphology and physicochemical properties of soy protein/montmorillonite nanocomposite obtained by extrusion. COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING, 140, 197-203 (2018)
- Yuliestyan, A; Cuadri, AA; Garcia-Morales M.; Partal, P. Selection of ethylene-vinyl-acetate properties for modified bitumen with enhanced end-performance. RHEOLOGICA ACTA, 57, 71-82 (2018)
- Senise, S; Carrera, V; Navarro, FJ; Partal, P. Thermomechanical and microstructural evaluation of hybrid rubberised bitumen containing a thermoplastic polymer. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS, 157, 873-884 (2017)
- Yuliestyan, A.; Garcia-Morales, M.; Moreno, E.; Carrera V.; Partal P. Assessment of modified lignin cationic emulsifier for bitumen emulsions used in road paving MATERIALS & DESIGN, 131, 242-251, (2017)
- Gomez-Heincke, D; Martinez, I; Stading, M; Gallegos, C.; Partal, P. Improvement of mechanical and water absorption properties of plant protein based bioplastics. FOOD HYDROCOLLOIDS, 73, 21-29 (2017).
- Yuliestyan, A; Cuadri, AA; Garcia-Morales M.; Partal, P. Influence of polymer melting point and Melt Flow Index on the performance of ethylene-vinyl-acetate modified bitumen for reduced-temperature application. MATERIALS & DESIGN, 96, 180-188 (2016)
- Diañez, I; Martinez, I; Partal, P. Synergistic effect of combined nanoparticles to elaborate exfoliated egg-white protein-based nanobiocomposites. COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING, 88, 36-43 (2016)
- Zarate-Ramirez, L. S.; Romero, A.; Bengoechea, C.; Partal P; Guerrero A. Thermo-mechanical and hydrophilic properties of polysaccharide/gluten-based bioplastics. CARBOHYDRATE POLYMERS 112, 24-31 (2014)
- Cuadri, A. A.; Garcia-Morales, M.; Navarro, F. J.; Partal P. Processing of bitumens modified by a bio-oil-derived polyurethane. FUEL 118, 83-90 (2014)